Into The Light...Richard Rhodes Mentz (1940 - 1996)

This is not a real blog, but rather a one-time use blog to honor and remember
Richard "Dik" Rhodes Mentz. It was 10 years ago on February 17, 1996, when my father left this physical world and walked into the light. So much has changed in 10 years, but one thing that hasn't changed is that we miss him just as much today as we did the day he left us. He will forever be in our hearts, thoughts and prayers! Dad, we love and miss you so much, and look forward to the day when we see you again.

Friday, February 17, 2006

A card from Dad...front cover of card...


My dad sent me this card when Morgan and I were living in LA. I was still pursuing my dance career and struggling with the idea of quitting dance and going back to school so I could find a new career, which I eventually did.

So my dad was just sending me a greeting to say hi, even though he felt that I should retire my barely-off-the-ground dance career, and get a "real job" of course getting a "real job" wasn't too enticing. Who wants reality when you can live on the stage...hehe!

I sure do miss life on the stage! But I did the right thing and retired my dance career. It sure was difficult hanging up those dance shoes, which now collect dust!

In the end he was correct in his opinion, and I did follow suit, went back to college, and graduated from SJSU.

See dad, in the end, I did the right thing ;-)


1 Comments:

Blogger Paula said...

I know and remember your dad's love was unconditional for you and Rick, as is the love of all of us parents, right? I remember he was such a sweetheart of a man and father.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home